Friday, January 31, 2014

Tainted Water

By Danny P.

I am rather shocked by some of the contents of our water right now. I personally don’t feel comfortable breathing in carcinogens. The chemical spill was bad enough, but this can be a scary thought for many West Virginians. Formaldehyde is a dangerous chemical to come in contact with as a living human being. I’ve heard that it’s what they use to preserve dead bodies at funeral homes. I can honestly say that I don’t live anywhere close to the area of the water contamination and I have not been affected first hand. It’s hard to believe that people in the Charleston area had to go so long without using the water to bathe or cook. I count my blessings each day that I haven’t come into contact with any of those dangerous chemicals (that I know of). The scariest thought, though, is that this could become more of a widespread issue as time progresses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment